Published: 7 October 2021
Previous version: 30 August 2021
Responsibility of Personal information
Collection of personal data
If you have a registered account or register on the Skrotkraft website, you agree to share your personal information and accept that the information is stored in Sweden but also on other servers in other countries. We save information and personal information in order to allow you to use the website, Services and give you a personalized and better experience and for marketing purposes. We may and need to collect the information that you provide to our website. What it includes is:
- The information you provide to us.
- Email, phone number, cellphone number, company registration number and contact information,
- Information sent to us by letter, contact form, e-mail, telephone or text messages,
- Any documents needed to confirm identity.
Automatic information and other sources
When you visit different pages on Skrotkraft, we automatically save information such as which website you came from, ID, device, browser, geographical location and IP address. We may collect more information through third parties and add that information about you. It could be about credit information or how you click on the page to improve usability.
Use of personal data
- Prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other illegal activity,
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and ads,
- Contact you by e-mail or by phone.
- Provide you with other services that you request.
- Find additional contact information
With your consent:
- Target marketing, you can change this when you are logged in to your account,
- Suggestions and ideas,
For our legitimate interest:
- Manage our daily business needs,
- For monitoring and analysis purposes.
For marketing purposes
- Inform about our websites, services and tools,
- Send marketing and advertising offers based on your use of the platform,
- Customize advertisements based on your statistics.
If you choose to completely revoke your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal data, it will mean that we can no longer give you access to the Services and tools we offer. Contact our customer support and ask us to close your account.
Disclosure of personal information
We disclose personal information to fulfill legal obligations or to protect assets and for security reasons. That information will only be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share personal information with:
- Supervisory authority, police authority, or other competent third party in connection with a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or other activity that may give rise to liability for us, you or another Skrotkraft user,
- Credit reporting companies to which we may report information about your account, non-payment, or other violations,
- Subcontractors used to conduct our business. For example customer service, fraud investigations and operating the website,
- Companies related to Skrotkraft as Group companies - This in order to provide common services and common content for our policies. Group companies may use this information to send you marketing, however, only if you have approved this under settings for your user.
Saved personal data
We store your personal information on servers in Sweden and other places in the world. We use technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive personal data.
Cookies and similar technology
Spam, spyware and identity theft are prohibited
We and our users do not tolerate spam. If you are going to report spam, or email forgeries, forward it to webmaster@Skrotkraft.se.
Subject to the restrictions that follow from data protection legislation within the EEA, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to access , correct, restrict, object to, delete your data and also the right of data portability when possible. Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights. If you want to request access to all personal information we have about you, please note that photo identification will be required to prove your identity.
You can contact us at any time by our website, phone, by letter or email. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your issues, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection regulator in your country.